My Photo
Name:
Location: North Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Character of Oxford P. Nutts

I recently returned from the World Clown Association Convention in Denver, Colorado. It was a wonderful time with old and new friends.

I was able to teach a session on "Developing Clown Character." That was a blast! On the first night of the convention I performed as one of the opening performers. I did my character, "Simon De Clown." You see pictures of this hobo at other spots in this blog.

I thought I'd toss on this video with a few short clips of "Oxford P. Nutts" from a past performance, just so you can get a little feel of him. Oxford is a unique character inspired by a number of folks --- Victor Borge, Ronald Reagan, Red Skelton, Tim Conway's Mr. Tudball, and my father - Gerald Christensen.

Often, one of the easiest ways to begin with a character is by imitating someone that you already find to be entertaining. If they tickle your funny bone, they will inspire your comedic character and probably also be the base that helps you connect with your audience. Enjoy a bit of "Oxford P. Nutts." (You may see more of Oxford on my "My Performance" DVD -- over an hour of clown performances including Simon, Oxford and my whiteface character, "Micah the Clown." Hit www.RandysInfo.com and find it under "Resources.")

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Abby Hunt said...

Well, I was going to say that Oxford P. Nuts in one of my favorite of your characters ...but the truth is, I would really have a hard time choosing a favorite!

Thanks for sharing this!

-Abby :O)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Lisa "Pedals" said...

Thanks for the memories and the laughter. It is always a pleasure to see you perform. God's gift to you to give back to Him.
God bless.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home