My Photo
Name:
Location: North Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Wonder of Christmas

Christmastime...oh, the sense of wonder.

I walk under the starry sky and see my breath in the cold Minnesota air. As I see the lights glimmer over the snow, I wonder how God Himself -- the Creator of the Universe -- could humble Himself and come to earth to be born as a baby.

I sit in my comfy chair staring at the Christmas lights on the twinkling tree...and in reverence I thankfully wonder about the warm joys of family and past Christmases.

Children look in awe at the lights, the colors, the glitter. The music and sounds of the season surround us.

Christmas brings a sense of wonder.

The first Christmas brought a sense of wonder. Mary was in awe of the angel's announcement. Shephereds bowed before the awesome angelic display and later in the stable. Wisemen searched...following the "star of wonder, star of light, star with royal beauty bright."

After Christ was born, both Simon and Anna, rejoiced in the presence of the newborn Messiah! They were full of wonder -- and it was wonder-full!

In your clowning -- in your presentations -- I invite you to create an atmosphere of wonder at the simple things. Focus on the simple. As Avner Eisenberg says, "It's far more important to be interested, than to try to be interesting." If you are interested, the audience will buy-in to your genuine attention.

May your presentations be full 0f wonder! Think of Christmas -- how can you create that sense in each of your interactions with people? It will be wonder-full!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa Phelps, Baton Rouge, LA said...

Merry Christmas Randy & "Simon"...
I thank you for your posts and am grateful that God brought Simon my way ---Pedals and Chef Salad appreciate Jesus for allowing my characters to love Him and His precious children. My memory of you in class discussing how just picking a flower from the grass and watching in amazement with a child and the flower --how simple and wonderful.

8:36 AM  
Blogger David W Ebel, Photographer and Visual Storyteller said...

Randy,

God has used you so many ways to impact thousands of lives while never taking yourself too seriously...what you do for the Lord is serious... the quality of the gift you give is very serious..but I know that your passion and drive toward excellence always moved me to be a better ministry performer.

I may not have the chance to perform often any more... but I can close my eyes and see you and Janet, Bruce and the others as all of us just went out and loved the kid in everyone.

I couldn't be more thankful that to have all you do as fresh as yesterday in my memories... and know that you are still making memories here and for Heaven's Sake.

Blessings,

David Ebel

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home