Summer 2011
Wow! What an incredible summer!
In the past three months I have done 55 presentations besides the "normal" Sunday mornings at my church. Almost half of these presentations were done in full clown make-up. Am I tired? Well, honestly, "yes, I am."
Ecclesiastes 3 says, "There is a time and place for everything." There is a time to work hard, and a time to rest. There is a time to prepare. There is a time to plan and practice. There is a time to make adjustments and there's a time to just "stick with the plan." I enjoy living in Willmar, Minnesota; partially because I usually get to choose my own busyness. I can be as busy as I want, and I can choose to rest, relax and revive too.
Genesis 2:2,3 says, "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."
God gave us a sabbath day because He knew that we needed it! We are not created to be a non-stop machine running like the Energizer Bunny. We need time to re-create.
So, I encourage you to clown and entertain and minister to many. That in itself can be nurturing to one's soul. But, also take time to rest. That's what I'm going to be doing for a while. Clowning is great. But, having "a break" is great too!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home