WCA Master Clown
Wow! What an amazing time in New York City! I attended the 2011 World Clown Association Convention in mid-March 2011. There were participants from eight different countries. While there I competed in a number of different catagories against a great host of competitors. In the parade performance competition, over 30 clowns partipated. I was awarded the Third Place medal for my rendition of "a balanced diet" presenting as Simon De Clown (my hobo). Solo Skit competition brought 24 competitors. I performed "The Tightrope Walker" as Simon and received a Silver medal for that one.
The astounding awards for me were from competing against the incredible WCA Master Clown Luis Casiano and nationally recognized, Julie Varholdt. Unbelievably, I was able to enter the Classic Whiteface competition with them and two others, and I was awarded First Place. (See picture) Consequently, I was awarded the title "All-Around Clown" for the convention, and since I won this award two years in a row, I've acheived the catagory of WCA "Master Clown." Only four people have received this award in the last 20 years.
I am honored to be placed in this classification with such a great quality of clowns.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home