Poking My Nose Into Your Business
I'm taking off the everyday me and putting on the make-up,
I'm taking off the old man, and putting on the new
I'm covering the near-sighted me and exposing the broad-based "everyman"
I've put on the wig and shoes to put away the blues,
I've put on the red nose so I'm ready—"Here it goes"
And I've come to put my nose into your business.
In the hospital, at your birthday party, or walking in the park—
If you'll let me, I'll poke my nose into your business
It may make you pause or laugh or even make you startled
For having another big nose stuck into your routine
may cause a new view of the old
to see things brightly in a black and white world
may take some meddling and some tuning by a fool
To help you come out of monochrome
so you may see in living color
is truly my passion
as I stick my nose into your business.
By Randy Christensen - April 2005
I'm taking off the old man, and putting on the new
I'm covering the near-sighted me and exposing the broad-based "everyman"
I've put on the wig and shoes to put away the blues,
I've put on the red nose so I'm ready—"Here it goes"
And I've come to put my nose into your business.
In the hospital, at your birthday party, or walking in the park—
If you'll let me, I'll poke my nose into your business
It may make you pause or laugh or even make you startled
For having another big nose stuck into your routine
may cause a new view of the old
to see things brightly in a black and white world
may take some meddling and some tuning by a fool
To help you come out of monochrome
so you may see in living color
is truly my passion
as I stick my nose into your business.
By Randy Christensen - April 2005
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home