The Windshield and the Mirror
As we end 2016, I realize that I have not posted anything new on this blog for over a year! Wow! Well,...it's been quite a year!
I have almost completed my second year as the President of the World Clown Association. This is a great group of folks, and I've been honored to serve. Most of my writing has been in the Clowning Around magazine (the official WCA magazine.) Members receive seven issues per year. I may post some of those past articles here on the blog in future months.
I highly recommend each person to join the WCA. It is full of a variety of performers who are committed to uplifting, respectful, g-rated comedy and relationship with audiences. Learn more at www.worldclown.com
As 2016 comes to a close, I look back ...as in a rearview mirror, and I'm thankful for the opportunities, the times with friends and families, the performances and shows, the blessings. I also recognize there were some struggles that I'm happy to be past.
But, one cannot move forward in a car focusing just on the mirror. That only shows where one has been. I'm also looking forward through the windsheild! There's a lot to do in 2017....and I'm looking there with expectation!
I will be doing programs in January here in the middle of the United States. In March I will be flying to Thailand for the WCA Convention, and then on to Indonesia to teach and perform at a children's ministry outreach. Summer is almost booked up with libraries and church programs. The Fall brings another trip to perform and teach in Hong Kong and also with the BGMC Circus here in the United States!
I am considering hosting a "NEXT STEP WORKSHOP" in the Fall of 2017. That decision is yet to be made.
As I look backward, and look forward, I have to be careful. My wife OFTEN tells me as I am driving, "Look at the road!" I so enjoy the scenery and the wildlife alongside the road that I do become distracted. Yes, it's about enjoying the journey...but, I need to keep my eye on the centerline and stay in my lane!
So, as I move forward into 2017, please pray with me that I keep my eyes on "the straight and narrow," (Matthew 7:14) ...fully "fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith." (Hebrews 12:2).
I have almost completed my second year as the President of the World Clown Association. This is a great group of folks, and I've been honored to serve. Most of my writing has been in the Clowning Around magazine (the official WCA magazine.) Members receive seven issues per year. I may post some of those past articles here on the blog in future months.
I highly recommend each person to join the WCA. It is full of a variety of performers who are committed to uplifting, respectful, g-rated comedy and relationship with audiences. Learn more at www.worldclown.com
As 2016 comes to a close, I look back ...as in a rearview mirror, and I'm thankful for the opportunities, the times with friends and families, the performances and shows, the blessings. I also recognize there were some struggles that I'm happy to be past.
But, one cannot move forward in a car focusing just on the mirror. That only shows where one has been. I'm also looking forward through the windsheild! There's a lot to do in 2017....and I'm looking there with expectation!
I will be doing programs in January here in the middle of the United States. In March I will be flying to Thailand for the WCA Convention, and then on to Indonesia to teach and perform at a children's ministry outreach. Summer is almost booked up with libraries and church programs. The Fall brings another trip to perform and teach in Hong Kong and also with the BGMC Circus here in the United States!
I am considering hosting a "NEXT STEP WORKSHOP" in the Fall of 2017. That decision is yet to be made.
As I look backward, and look forward, I have to be careful. My wife OFTEN tells me as I am driving, "Look at the road!" I so enjoy the scenery and the wildlife alongside the road that I do become distracted. Yes, it's about enjoying the journey...but, I need to keep my eye on the centerline and stay in my lane!
So, as I move forward into 2017, please pray with me that I keep my eyes on "the straight and narrow," (Matthew 7:14) ...fully "fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith." (Hebrews 12:2).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home