My Photo
Name:
Location: North Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, April 03, 2008

World Clown Association and More!


Well folks...it happened. I was once again elected the Clown Ministry Department chairman of the World Clown Association. I held this position way back in the early 90's and I'm stepping in again alongside a wonderful group of WCA officers.


WCA is the only "secular" international clown organization that I'm aware of that has a clown ministry director position. There are numerous people in the organization that are from a Christian base and there are also many that will never be invovled with any type of church function or organized religion. I'd say that there is mutual respect for each one who "dons the motley" (That's English for "puts on make-up.")


WCA puts out a wonderful magazine every other month. This includes information on the organization, upcoming conferences, testimonials and reports from active clowns, advice on props, preparation and performances. There's a lot of good stuff there. I'm proud to say that I joined on early at the beginning of the organization in the late 1980's. WCA also offers their members a reasonable price on a yearly performer's insurance program.


I encourage you to check out the benefits of joining WCA.


Even before I joined WCA I had become a member of the International Fellowship of Christian Magicians and Variety Arts. This great group of folks are committed to making the gospel visual. There are numerous departmental groupings including: puppets, magic, storytelling, juggling, drama, chalk art, ventriloquism and more! I used to attend the international convention for this group every year. I learned SOOOOO much. Each year I try to plan my schedule so I can go back to another convention. Currently, the convention is in central Indiana. The FCM also has regional groups that meet for fellowship, sharing and learning. A bi-monthly periodical is put out with many thought-provoking and equipping articles.


I encourage you to check out the benefits of joining FCM!


Lastly, the newest group that I've become a part of is the Fellowship of Christian Clowns. This is a new organization which is striving to help clowns develop and use their talents to represent Christ to people everywhere. The bi-monthly magazine is put together by Tony Jones. It's called "The Cross and the Clown." The columnists for this magazine are some of the top ministry clowns in the world. I highly recommend it.


So, I have to encourage you to check out he benefits of joining the Fellowship of Christian Clowns!


I have been involved in the leadership and support of each of these groups. Each one has made a positive impact on my ministry, my clowning, and my life. I invite you to join me and the host of others who are a part of these glorious groups.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Randy,

My name is Jesse Joyner. I'm a member of the WCA also and it is nice to see their openness to Christian clowing, as well as their code of ethics.

I'm also the new president of the Christian Juggler's Association. And speaking of conferences for the creative arts ministries, we are having the very first CJA Conference this July. It will be July 11th-13th in Lexington, KY at Vineyard Community Church. This is the weekend before the FCM in Marion and the IJA Fest in Lexington. Send me a line if you want to know more about it.... jesse.joyner@gmail.com

www.JesseTheJuggler.com

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home